Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on November 25th 2017
E-safety Parents Information Evening Wed 10 Jan 2018
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students and working with parents/carers we have organised an e-safety information evening for parents to coincide with the International Safer Internet Day where our theme is anti-cyberbullying. The evening will be led by our very own Safer Schools Police Officer, PC Marcus Kudliskis.
The online world is a wonderful place for young people to explore, with unprecedented opportunities for learning and creativity, but just like the real world there are risks and dangers they should be aware of and which we should all act to protect them from. As an Academy we encourage the use of technology as an important part of our students’ development but always want them to spend their time online safely. As a parent/carer you can play a significant part in ensuring this.
PC Marcus’ presentation on e-safety will address issues such as:
- What you need to know, and do, to help your child keep safe on-line
- How to tell/see what your child is doing on-line
- What to do if you are concerned that someone has made an inappropriate approach to your child
- The way young people communicate on-line: a brief ‘Parents’ guide to text speak’
- Social networking sites and chat rooms: how to help your child use these safely.
- Cyberbullying: how technologies are used to bully
At the end of the evening there will be literature for parents to take away to help reinforce the evening’s message of the key role parents play in e-safety.
The information evening will take place on Wednesday 10th January 2018 at Harris Boys’ Academy, East Dulwich, Peckham Rye, London, SE22 0AT (please use the main entrance) and will start promptly at 5.30pm.