Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on March 20th 2015
E-Safety - keeping your child safe online
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students and working with parents we organised an e-safety information evening for parents to coincide with the International Safer Internet day.
The evening was led by our very own Safer Schools Police Officer, PC Marcus Kudliskis, supported by specialist colleagues from the Child Abuse Investigation Team and the Paedophile Unit.
PC Marcus’ presentation on e-safety looked at issues such as:
- What you need to know, and do, to help your child keep safe on the Internet
- How to tell what your child is doing on-line
- What to do if you are concerned that someone has made an inappropriate approach to your child
- The way young people communicate on-line: a brief ‘Parents’ guide to text speak’
- Social networking sites and chat rooms: how to help your child use these safely.
- Cyberbullying: how technologies are used to bully
The evening included watching video extracts as well as the opportunity to ask questions.