Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on July 7th 2015
Working together for a safer community
We would like to thank everyone for supporting the “Working together for a safer community” PSHE day at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich on Tuesday 7 July 2015, as part of our Renaissance Day.
Seven organisations visited the academy to give workshops to small groups of our Year 7 students.
- “Bully Breed” – Presented by Battersea Dogs Home
- “Cyber Space” – Presented by Safer London Foundation
- “Decisions & Consequences” – Presented by Op. Trident
- “Jimmy Mizen” – Presented by Jimmy Mizen Foundation
- “Substance Misuse” – Presented by Southwark Insight
- “You Can’t Touch Me” – Presented by Southwark Young advisors
- “Beefing it up” – Presented by TSG
PC Marcus, our Safer Schools Police Officer said: "I truly believe that days like these are so valuable to young people; to ensure that they make the right decisions in their lives; the general feedback from the students is that they had an amazing, informative day; they were 'buzzing' in the canteen at lunchtime and after school; I'm sure the key messages given in each workshop will stay with them for the rest of their lives."