Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Exam Results and Performance 2018
HBAED is delighted to present another outstanding set of GCSE results for the 2017-18 Year 11 cohort. Our Progress 8 score of 0.8 is again outstanding and means we are in the top 2% of schools nationally.
The Attainment 8 score of 55.1 is our best yet and means that our students are gaining higher grades, on average, when compared to the national picture by almost one grade per subject (based on previous years). Levels in English and Mathematics have also outshone the national picture as well as previous HBAED cohorts.
- Our Progress 8 score for 2017-18 is 0.8
- Our Attainment 8 score is 55.1
- 50% of students achieved Grade 5 or above in English and Maths
- 72% of students achieved Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
- 51% of students entered the EBacc (compared to 35.2% nationally), achieving an average points score of 4.46 (compared to 3.79 for boys nationally). 13% achieved the EBacc at grade 5/C or above. 21% achieved it at 4/C or above.
- 92% of students stayed in education or entered employment after finishing Year 11
The destinations of our leavers (including the percentage staying in education) can be found on our careers page.
You can find out more about how we help all students achieve, including our most able students, on our Equalities and additional intervention page.
A huge congratulations to all of the boys for all of their hard work throughout their five years. Their efforts during lessons, before and after school and also at weekends and during holidays has delivered some very pleasing grades which will ensure that the doors to their future options are wide open.