Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on June 5th 2018
New Cultural Horizons Programme for Years 7-9
During the last two weeks of term students in Years 7-9 will be embarking on our maiden Cultural Horizons Programme designed to widen their exposure to creative studies and broader cultural experiences.
So far, the plans include:
- Trips to Dover Castle (pictured)
- Trips to Canterbury to watch a performance of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales
- Trips to a local museum
- Trips to Bewl Water
- ‘Viva Espana’ celebration of Spanish culture
- Federation Sports Day at Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium
- Inclusive Sports Day at King's College Sports Ground
When pupils are not involved in one of these activities, their lessons will be focused on creative elements of the lessons they are in. For example, rather than reading about the Battle of Hastings, ‘let’s act it out’! Rather than write an essay explaining how Romeo feels, ‘let’s paint his emotions’!
HBAED is committed to broadening our pupils’ cultural experiences and providing opportunities for them to further their artistic and creative skills. The Cultural Horizons Programme is designed to fulfil these aims – and also be a fun and exciting way to end a fantastic school year!