Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on April 26th 2017
2017 Uber Trip Winners get Trip of a Lifetime
Our 2017 Uber Trip winners are shown here with Mr Everitt.
The winners are students with the highest number of positive Harris Points this year, reflecting their attitude to learning, attendance, punctuality, their Harris Manners and for continuously striving to exceed their personal best.
They have been truly inspirational throughout the entire Academic year and, as such, are seen as a role models and Ambassadors for our school.
For their reward, they will be staying at the stunning The Mill farmhouse, which is situated in the beautiful countryside of Forest Green, Surrey - the perfect rural retreat for a fantastic trip of a lifetime! Activities that they will enjoy include:
- A visit to Splashworld to take on amazing waterslides, the wavepool and all the waterpark activities
- Movie Night at The Mill
- Port Lympne Safari Park. Along with Siberian and Indian tigers, Barbary lions, small cats, monkeys and many other rare and endangered species, Port Lympne Wild Animal Park is home to the largest breeding herd of black rhinos outside of Africa - and also has the largest gorillarium in the world, "Palace of the Apes"
- Explore the countryside. Who'll be first to the historic Bell Tower?
- Brighton SeaLife Aquarium, including a giant ocean tank where an underwater walkthrough tunnel offers close encounters with the exotic coral reef
- Brighton Pier and seafront. Choose between relaxing on the deck chairs or experiencing the fun of the fair
- Spooky Woods. Trek though the woodlands, looking out for those hidden surprises, ending with a campfire with toasted marshmallows
- Thorpe Park. Experience the thrills of Saw, Stealth, Nemesis, Colossus, Zodiac, Samurai , Tidal Wave, Rush, Vortex, Detonator, Slammer and many more
- Hollywood Bowl.......Strike!
There are significant benefits to be gained from outdoor and adventurous educational trips, such as:
- The opportunity to enjoy a healthy, outdoor physical activity in a new environment
- The chance to succeed and experience different challenges through learning new skills
- Developing self-awareness, self -onfidence, commitment to working with others, resilience and a sense of achievement.
- Improving and forming relationships with your peer group, with other people and creating a better rapport with teachers which can often lead to better motivation in the classroom.
I am sure you join us in congratulating the boys and wishing them an enjoyable and memorable trip.