Our menu has been created after extensive research into student preferences, but is also nutritious and compliant with all government guidelines. Here are some sample menus to download.
- Spring/summer 2017
- Halal spring/summer 2017
- Global adventures and dessert menu selections spring/summer 2017
- Download the price list
The menu aims to offer more of what students want – including good food that can be eaten on the go – and is themed around:
- Global Adventures – featuring the six most popular global cuisines such as Thai and Carribean
- Wings and Things – high street-inspired chicken dishes that are fully customisable
- Deep Southern Diner – for tasty American Tex-Mex dishes
- Speedy Italian – Italian favourites served fast and on the go
There’s light and simple salad and meal pots too, plus the ever-popular sandwiches, baguettes, wraps, and paninis with a large choice of fillings.
Free school meals
Your child may be entitled to free school meals. Even if your child does not wish to eat free school meals, but is entitled to them, it's worth applying because for each child entitled to free school meals the Academy could receive funding of £1,300 per year to help with tuition, resources, coaching and extra assistance. Find out if your child is entitled to free school meals.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
We're running a series of theme days in our cafeteria over the coming months, each based on themes such as American diner, Caribbean feast, Explore Africa and Taste of the Med. Find out more.
Download a document outlining the school food standards within the Harris Federation.