Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our Vision & Values - Active Citizenship
Everyone succeeds and achieves their potential regardless of any personal characteristics. Background does not determine outcomes.
We are all equal all of the time and treat people with the respect they deserve. We are not afraid to make mistakes as we see this as part of our learning journey.
We aim for our students to leave our academy with the ‘Master Key’ that will unlock any door for them in the future.
We are stronger as a team than a group of individuals and can change anything collectively.
We aim to provide a rounded education that ensures our students grow holistically through developing resilience, tolerance and humanity.
What is 'Active Citizenship'?
‘Active Citizenship’ is a vital part of the ‘Master Key’ that will unlock opportunities to students in future.
Active Citizenship is about students becoming better people and making a difference to their community on a local, national and global scale. Being an Active Citizen means:
- Caring about the local community and wanting to make it a better place
- Embracing Fundamental British Values
- Taking responsibility for our own actions
- Understanding our rights; freedom of speech, press and religion
- Wanting to make a difference and have a say through democracy
- Knowing about the nature of justice in the UK
- Believing in championing Equality and Diversity
- Understanding Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural ideas about the world we live in.
How do we become Active Citizens?
We help students develop the five key character traits that are essential to becoming and Active Citizen.
Believe in your own ability to succeed and chase your dreams.
Ask challenging questions and do not accept everything you are told.
Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.
Do not shy away from challenges and always come back from failure stronger.
Desire to be successful and achieve what you want – no excuses.