Our student leadership team mirrors the staffing structure of the academy so that every faculty, hub and student is represented from Years 7-10.
Click HERE to see details of our student leaders for 2023-24.
Student leaders are chosen through a whole-school election that involves applications, campaigning, assembly presentations and a final day of voting.
The Student Leadership Team is open to any member of the student body. Through our student leadership team, every student has a voice in the running of the Academy, and a chance to bring about positive change. The aim of the team is to make a positive impact on our community at the local, national and global level.
Our student council this year
Our student leadership team has worked across a number of areas recently including, physical and mental health, teaching and learning, rewards and sustainability. Our main strategic focus this year is neurodiversity, following on from the theme of sustainability last year. Below is a description of some of our recent impacts.
- Reduction of single use plastics in the canteen
- Automatic switching off of computers overnight to save energy
- Sourcing of recycled papers to be used in photocopying
- Reduced use of paper in staff and SLT meetings
- Led on presentations at student sustainability conferences.
- Work with Dulwich College (through the Southwark Schools Learning Partnership) to develop an after school Sustainable Cooking Club.
- Increased numbers of students at Gardening Club, who have increased the number of planters in the playground
- Work with the British Nutrition Foundation to promote reduction of food waste through Healthy Eating week Assembly
Year 10 Student Council members visited a Neurodiversity Conference, hosted by Southwark Schools Learning Partnership (SSLP).
Our Year 10 Student Leadership Team recently presented their project on how to improve sustainability during the annual Southwark Schools Learning Partnership (SSLP) Student Voice conference.
More students are taking part in our Gardening Club, and have increased the number of planters in the playground.
The student leadership team are behind the success of our new Sustainable Cooking Club.