Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our student leadership team mirrors the staffing structure of the academy so that every faculty, hub and student is represented. Student leaders are chosen through a whole-school election that involves applications, campaigning, assembly presentations and a final day of voting.
The Student Leadership Team is open to any member of the student body. Through our student leadership team, every student has a voice in the running of the Academy, and a chance to bring about positive change. The aim of the team is to bring about developments in teaching and learning, behaviour and students’ experiences so that students are happy and can thrive in our community.
Our 2019-20 Student Leaders
Congratulations to all boys who applied. We’re pleased to introduce our senior school leaders for 2019-20.
Head Boy - Diego
The voting for Head Boy was extremely close, with only one vote in it! In his campaign, Diego, Year 10, said:
“I believe that every student should have their voice heard. I believe that our school should be a place not only to learn but a place to build lasting memories. I believe that we should have engaging lessons and become active citizens within a community larger than our individual classrooms.
If you vote for me, I will strive to make developments in the school in specific areas such as music, drama, science and PE. If we gain more investment in those departments then we can improve practical works and future trip ideas. The PE department already have a lot of investment and a lot of facilities, such as Kings College Sports Ground, but we can still improve equipment.
I also believe that there should be more opportunities for our students for extra-curricular activities. Some of my propositions include a cooking club and an environmental club which can set up trips for all those interested in the climate emergency challenge.
Thank you for your time. If you vote for me, I will be confident and active in bringing about positive change to our academy and will listen to you, the people.”
Assistant principal – Dant’e, Year 9
We are a diverse academy in our cultures as well as our likes and dislikes, and we want this to be mirrored in what is offered to us as a student body. With his compassionate nature he will lead and represent your voices and desires.
Assistant principal – Abdul, Year 9
Abdul is committed to ensuring that every student is listened to and treated like an individual. He has big ideas and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure they are achieved.
- Firdaos, Year 9. He will work in collaboration with students and adults.
- Stanley – Year 7. Wants to vary our lunch menu and bring opportunities for sports in Peckham Rye Park.
- Abdurrahim – Year 7. A legend, willing to help others and speak for the Year 7 student body.
- Reuben – Year 8. A role model whose knowledge of the world around him can help inspire and shed light on current events inside and outside of our school.
- Marlo – Year 8. Is keen to broaden student opportunities with creative and out of the box thinking.
- Desaan – Year 9. Wants to enhance our community involvement giving back to the people and to create partnerships with other Harris schools.
- Nathaniel – Year 8. A sympathetic listener, good at working with and for the people.
- Yassen – Year 9. Will bring interactive lessons that engage our student body and to build links with the outside community.
- Jermaine – a compassionate individual who will listen to make positive changes.
- Daniel – working towards a global agenda and working closely with changes to the library.
- Roman – will focus on bringing learning to life in the classroom, and giving students responsibilities.