Year 11 Exam Preparation
This page is designed to help you prepare for your summer exams.
Our February half-term intervention sessions are planned with all exam subjects covered. All students have received an individual copy of their half-term sessions. Morning sessions start at 9am and afternoon sessions start at 12pm.
After half-term, our daily intervention sessions continue and Mock exams begin in week two - see the exam timetable.
We will also be running Easter intervention sessions, students and parents will be notified about these nearer the time.
Parents and carers, as we make the final push towards the summer exams, please encourage and support the attendance of your child to all extra sessions and let the school know if they cannot attend.
Independent study guide
Your subject teachers have put together our What – Where - How Revision Guide to support you with your independent study. This guide gives subject-specific advice on WHAT to revise, WHERE to find the resources and HOW to use them effectively.
Click HERE to see the timetable for the Spring exams.
Five independent study top tips
1. Plan your time and stay organised
- Create a weekly schedule to allocate dedicated time for each subject
- Break down tasks into manageable chunks to avoid feeling overwhelmed
- Keep your study materials, notes, and resources well-organised
- Use tools like folders, binders, or digital apps to manage your resources efficiently
2. Active learning and self-testing
- Engage with your materials actively – take notes, ask questions, and discuss concepts with peers
- Use flashcards, mind maps, or diagrams to reinforce understanding
- Regularly quiz yourself on key topics to reinforce memory
- Practice past exam papers under timed conditions to simulate exam settings
3. Minimize distractions
- Find a quiet, dedicated study space to minimize interruptions
- Turn off social media notifications and use apps like Forest to stay focused
4. Healthy breaks and balance
- Take short breaks to avoid burnout – go for a walk, stretch, or do a quick mindfulness exercise
- Stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet for optimal brain function
- Ensure a balance between study, relaxation, and hobbies
- Prioritise self-care to maintain a healthy mind and body during this crucial year
5. Review and reflect
- Regularly review your notes and revise previous topics
- Reflect on your study methods – adjust and adapt based on what works best for you
Revision guides and tips
Our teachers have prepared some subject-by-subject revision resources which can be downloaded from the subjects pages (see the sections called 'Helpful resources'). Year 11 GCSE Revision Materials are available on MS Teams.
In addition, here are three presentations we've prepared that are very relevant to anyone revising too, so do check them out:
- Supporting your Child with English Language & Literature at Home
- Revision tips
- How to do well in an unfair race
- Mental health and managing stress
Download our Examination Command Words - words and phrases used in exams and other assessment tasks that tell students how they should answer the question.