Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on July 18th 2018
Celebration of Success Evening 2018 - Report and Pictures
Our first ever Celebration of Success evening recognised 52 boys who have greatly exceeded expectations this year. “This evening is about celebrating boys who do not accept average,” said Mr Carey, introducing the event, which was attended by parents and governor Ron April too.
Awards went to 31 boys who have achieved 5,000 or more Harris Points during the year. "Any boy who achieves 5,000 points is a warrior of good behaviour and hard work, showing great character and resilience throughout the year,” said Mr Carey. Congratulations to:
HBAED values character too, with special awards going to students who have shown exceptional qualities.
- Improved Behaviour – Kieran
- Resilient Characters – Torey and Rhiyan
- Maturity Award – Harvey
- Empathy and Kindness Award – Hope and Kade
- Commitment to Learning – Samuel
- Special Positive Contribution Award – Ryan
- Empathy and Kindness (Student Award) - Tyler
- Team Award – Year 8 Football Team – Captain, Rowland
Positive Contribution Subject Awards went to:
- English – Kian and Vitali
- Dance – Peter
- Drama – Marvellous, Jem and Khaled
- Music – Luke
- Spanish – Hassan
- Design & Technology – Shiam
- Business Studies – Daniel
- History – Diego
- PE – Yahya
“I feel very proud of myself,” said Hamza, pictured here with his dad and brother.
“He’s done a great job, I’m very proud of him,” said Hizbullah’s dad, pictured with his son and governor Ron April.
“What makes us special at HBAED is the students and the staff and the relationships between them," said Mr Carey. "Congratulations to everyone and we look forward to your continued achievements next year."
As part of the event, students also performed a scene from their production of Twelve Angry Men, which they put on to rave reviews earlier this month.