Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on November 1st 2019
Meet Our New Student Leaders for 2019-20
Meet our 2019-20 Student Leadership Team. Student leaders are chosen through a whole-school election that involves applications, campaigning, assembly presentations and a final day of voting. Congratulations to all boys who applied.
Our 2019-20 Student Leaders
Head Boy - Diego
The voting for Head Boy was extremely close, with only one vote in it! In his campaign, Diego, Year 10, said:
“I believe that every student should have their voice heard. I believe that our school should be a place not only to learn but a place to build lasting memories. I believe that we should have engaging lessons and become active citizens within a community larger than our individual classrooms.
Assistant principal – Dant’e, Year 9
We are a diverse academy in our cultures as well as our likes and dislikes, and we want this to be mirrored in what is offered to us as a student body. With his compassionate nature he will lead and represent your voices and desires.
Assistant principal – Abdul, Year 9
Abdul is committed to ensuring that every student is listened to and treated like an individual. He has big ideas and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure they are achieved.
- Firdaos, Year 9. He will work in collaboration with students and adults.
- Stanley – Year 7. Wants to vary our lunch menu and bring opportunities for sports in Peckham Rye Park.
- Abdurrahim – Year 7. A legend, willing to help others and speak for the Year 7 student body.
- Reuben – Year 8. A role model whose knowledge of the world around him can help inspire and shed light on current events inside and outside of our school.
- Marlo – Year 8. Is keen to broaden student opportunities with creative and out of the box thinking.
- Desaan – Year 9. Wants to enhance our community involvement giving back to the people and to create partnerships with other Harris schools.
- Nathaniel – Year 8. A sympathetic listener, good at working with and for the people.
- Yassen – Year 9. Will bring interactive lessons that engage our student body and to build links with the outside community.
- Jermaine – a compassionate individual who will listen to make positive changes.
- Daniel – working towards a global agenda and working closely with changes to the library.
- Roman – will focus on bringing learning to life in the classroom, and giving students responsibilities.