Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on May 14th 2020
Cooking with Stanley – Week 1, Canadian Pancakes
Stanley, Year 7, has decided to make his own cooking tutorials to share his love of cooking while he’s away from school.
“Seeing as we have been gifted with more time at home, as a family we have really enjoyed baking,” said Stanley. “Then it occurred to me, that since we don’t really have cooking classes in our school, I would video myself every week making new recipes. It will be loosely like a baking tutorial.”
You can watch his first video, How to Make Canadian Pancakes, below. “I thought to kick the first week off with this recipe, since I am Canadian,” said Stanley.
Here are the ingredients and method
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs separated (whites and yolks)
1. Get ingredients ready
2. Combine flour and baking powder
3. Combine egg yolks and milk (beaten with a fork)
4. At this point start heating up a pan over a low heat
5. Combine egg yolk and milk mixture and flour mixture with whisk to a smooth batter
6. Beat egg whites with whisk or electric beater till they have stiff peaks
7. Fold 1/3 egg whites into egg and flour batter
8. Fold rest of egg whites in egg and flour mixture
9. Put a little bit of butter in a pan and melt it around
10. Take a 1/4 cup of the mixture and pour into into pan (I fit four into the pan at one time)
11. Cook till they have small bubbles on the top
12. Flip and cook on the other side
13. Do the same with the rest of the mixture
14. Enjoy with honey or maple syrup, Nutella, or any other topping of your choice. Steady bacon, and maple syrup with the pancakes is the Canadian classic.