Reading at Home
Over 2,300 great e-books now available through your school Reading Cloud log in! Click www.readingcloud.net to start reading.
Your username is your school email address (email@example.com). Your password is harrisboys (you can change this when you log in).
How to use Reading Cloud
Books will show as ‘Library’ and ‘Overdrive e-book’ if there is a digital version available.
Click on the e-book version. You can use the ‘Open sample’ button to look at the book or ‘Open e-book’ to download it.
Books will download on to computers, tablets and phones. Books are on loan for 14 days and then will automatically be returned.
Manage your loans through ‘Account’ on the tool bar. Loan limits have been increased to six books so you can still borrow e-books even if you have four books out already.
Southwark Library online
Southwark Libraries have a great e-library, accessed through BorrowBox, where you can download books and audiobooks for free. If you do not have a Southwark Library membership, you can join now for 90 days without a signed application form (you do not need to be a Southwark resident). Join Southwark Library.
London Libraries Consortium
Many London borough libraries are also a member of the London Libraries Consortium. If you are a member of one of these libraries you can access the e-catalogues of all of the others, giving you even more to choose from. Click here for a list of participating boroughs.
Other sources of books
- Project Gutenberg is completely free and good for classic fiction, books in other languages and older non-fiction.
- If you have Amazon Prime you get access to Prime Reading which has over a thousand books (fiction, non-fiction, children's books), comics and magazines free to download.
- Currently the free 30 day trial for Kindle Unlimited on Amazon is easy to double up to 60 days through PC magazine and other sites. You just need to remember to cancel before the end of the trial to avoid payment starting.
- There is a free 30 day trial for Audible's audiobooks.
- The World Book Day website has several complete audio books for all ages which are completely free to listen to.
Wondering what to read?
Download our top picks for horror, sci fi, World War II, humour, fantasy and more besides, in the 'top picks' lists below. Happy reading!
Check out the National Shelf Service YouTube channel to see authors talking about their books and giving lots of suggestions about what to read.
|Action and Adventure Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Diversity and Experience Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Fantasy Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Horror Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Humour Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Mystery and Thriller Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Sci Fi and Dystopia Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Sport Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|Teen and Young Adult Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|WW1 Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|
|WW2 Top Reads||06th May 2020||Download|